When? Tuesday June 27 onwards
Where? The Petersgate Tap, Stockport
Tickets Free, unticketed
The jewel in the Lake District's brewing crown is heading to Stockport to takeover the Petersgate Tap.
The Tap, as its regulars call it, already serves Windermere Pale and Lakeland Lager as house beer and lager, so it made sense for them to collaborate with Hawkshead for this year's Beer Week.
All six cask and four keg lines will be devoted to Hawkshead beer, including a rare keg of the Cigar City collaboration Tiramisu Stout, a 10% imperial stout made with coffee beans, cacao nibs and eight varieties of malt.
The Petersgate Tap has only been open for 9 months, but is already adding to the burgeoning beer tourism scene in Stockport.
It's located on St Petersgate, five minutes walk from the A6 and 10 minutes walk from Stockport station.
The Hawkshead takeover starts on Tuesday June 27 and runs for as long as the beer lasts! The full list is:
- Iti 3.5% (cask). Named after the Maori word for ‘little’ this is NZPA’s little brother, brewed with several NZ hops. Crisp with citrus and floral aromas on the nose and huge flavours of gooseberry, grapefruit & tropical fruit.
- New beer 4% (cask). A brand new beer yet to be unveiled.
- Brodie's Prime 4.9% (cask). The classic dark beer from Hawkshead. A dark, ruby brown, rich, complex beer with aromas of dark chocolate, treacle sweet flavours, roasted bitterness and a surprising fruitiness from a medley of English and American hops.
- Cumbrian 5 Hop 5% (cask). Well hopped golden ale made using, as the name suggests, five different hop varieties - Goldings, Bramling Cross, Fuggles, Citra and Amarillo. Flavours of tropical fruit, orange marmalade and herbal hop aromas are balanced by a juicy malt character.
- NZPA 6% (cask). Brewed with several varieties of New Zealand hops and created by a Kiwi, head brewer Matt Clarke. Passion fruit, mango and apricot aromas and a citrus bitterness are balanced by the sweetness of English Maris Otter barley to produce an extraordinary beer which showcases the unique hops of New Zealand.
- Tiramisu Imperial Stout 10% (keg). First brewed in collaboration with Cigar City Brewery of Tampa Bay, Florida. Inspired by the classic Italian dessert, Tiramisu, this is a strong stout, made with coffee beans and eight varieties of malt. It exhibits rich, luscious layers of coffee, mocha and cream flavours.
- Lakeland Lager 5% (keg). A refreshing pilsner-style beer. Pale and golden with restrained but fresh hop character from European lager hops. Lager malt has been used, but the rules broken by using ale not lager yeast.
- Solar Sour 3.3% (keg). A Berliner weisse. Very pale, refreshingly tart cloudy wheat beer with a lemony, citric fruit sharpness, superb for a hot summer's day.
- Session IPA 4.7% (keg). A hop-bomb of a beer, crammed full of fruity flavours. Brewed with a changing hop and malt blend.