Our homelessness appeal
Make a donation to tackle homelessness and enter our prize draw
Homelessness in Manchester is an issue that needs urgent attention, so we're running an appeal to raise vital funds for homelessness support network Street Support.
We're asking you to make a donation to Street Support (for a minimum of £5) and if you do, you'll immediately enter a prize draw to win some amazing goodies donated by participating breweries and venues from Manchester Beer Week.
So not only can you do a good deed but you can also get your hands on some great beery treats.
To take part simply donate a minimum of £5 to Street Support's current appeal to fund a GROW trainee and quote 'MBW17' in the comment accompanying your donation. Once you've done this, you'll automatically be entered into our prize draw.
The prizes include:
- Bootleg Brewery: a case of Urban Fox, a case of Spindoctor and two half-pint glasses
- Bundobust: £50 gift voucher
- Hawkshead: a mixed three-pack of beer
- Joseph Holt: a case of Two Hoots plus two branded Two Hoots glasses
- Lost and Grounded: 2 x mixed six-packs (each includes five bottles of beer and a glass)
- Manchester Brewing Co: a cask or keg of your choice to be delivered to your door, plus the means to dispense it
- Marble: a mixed case of bottles
- Northern Monk: a six pack of cans and a t-shirt
- Pie & Ale: a meal for two, accompanied by two ale flights
- Petersgate Tap: gallon of beer bar tab
- Runaway: a mixed six-pack of beer, t-shirt and a brewery tour for four people
- Stalybridge Buffet Bar/Beerhouses: £50 gift voucher
- Unit 101 (Beer Merchants): £30 gift voucher
Street Support is a cause we really believe in. The organisation has a simple mission - to make it easier for people who are homeless to get the help they need. They also want to make it easier for support organisations to coordinate and collaborate and for citizens and businesses to do something to help.
Their current fundraising appeal aims to raise the money to employ someone with lived experience of homelessness as a GROW trainee. This role would see them work alongside Street Support, helping the organisations they work with, including Barnabus, Coffee4Craig, Booth Centre and many more. They will also connect to other people experiencing homelessness across the region to help develop a better understanding of what is working and what further help is needed.
So, please donate now and make sure to quote 'MBW17' in the comment accompanying your donation to stand a chance of winning one of our wonderful prizes.
The closing date for donations to enter the prize draw is July 31.